Once a well-known American writer, Isaac Asimov, said that “Science can amuse and fascinate us all, but it is engineering that changes the world.” We believe that this statement is totally apt. Engineers are the innovators, creative thinkers and problem-solvers of the world.
As an engineer, you will learn more skills as compared to specific theoretical knowledge. And to successfully gain those skills, one needs to choose the branch of engineering based on their interests and abilities. Also, with skills and abilities, choosing the right college will play a crucial role in shaping the students’ career.
Engineering is a field of education, which includes application of science, technology and mathematics to innovate and develop solutions in multiple fields. It has to be the most popular and profitable career option ever for students in India. The very beginning for building a successful career for science aspirants is to opt for – Bachelor of Engineering (B.E.) or Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech).
Some of the most popular branches of engineering are – civil engineering, computer engineering, electrical engineering, mechanical engineering and chemical engineering. Apart from this, there are a lot many specializations one can pursue in the study of engineering. Following the completion of B.E./B.Tech, students can opt for Master of Engineering and Master of Technology.
Though most of the science students opt for B.E. or B.Tech degrees, they are unaware of their specializations. To help students, here we have mentioned some prominent undergraduate and postgraduate engineering branches and courses.
Before mentioning the list of courses, let’s learn about the eligibility and duration for engineering courses at every level.
Eligibility for Engineering Courses at Marwadi University:
- Minimum Qualification – 10+2 std.
- 12th standard in Science field with a minimum of 45%.
- Study of Physics, Chemistry and Maths as core subjects in 12th.
Course Duration: 3-years
- Minimum Qualification – 10th std.
- Passed 10th std. from Gujarat Board or Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) or the Council of Indian School Certificate Examination, New Delhi or the International School Board or the National Institute of Open Schooling or equivalent.
- Minimum eligibility for the percentage of marks must be as guided by All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE).
Course Duration: 3-years
- Successful completion of the respective specialization in B.E./B.Tech with a valid score.
Course Duration: 2-years
List of B.E. / B.Tech Courses:
|Aerospace Engineering||Automation Engineering|
|Agricultural Engineering||Petroleum Engineering|
|Genetic Engineering||Biomedical Engineering|
|Geosciences Engineering||Marine Engineering|
|Fashion and Design Engineering||Nuclear Engineering|
|Instrumentation and Control Engineering||Materials Engineering|
|Electronics & Communication Engineering (EC)||Electrical Engineering|
|Textile Engineering||Automobile Engineering|
|Systems Engineering||Chemical Engineering|
|Computer Engineering||Civil Engineering|
|Information Technology||Mechanical Engineering|
|Computer Engineering in Big Data & Analytics (BDA)||Computer Engineering in Artificial Intelligence (AI)|
|Information And Communication Technology (ICT)||Biotechnology Engineering|
List of Diploma in Engineering Courses:
|Diploma in Computer Engineering||Diploma in Information and Communication Technology (ICT)|
|Diploma in Chemical Engineering||Diploma in Ceramic Engineering|
|Diploma in Civil Engineering||Diploma in Telecommunication Engineering|
|Diploma in Electrical Engineering||Diploma in Rubber Engineering|
|Diploma in Mechanical Engineering||Diploma in Petroleum engineering|
|Diploma in Automobile Engineering||Diploma in Materials Engineering|
List of M.E. / M.Tech Courses:
Engineering Entrance Examinations:
Once you have decided to do engineering, there are some entrance examinations, which one needs to clear after 12th class. JEE Main and JEE Advanced are the most prevalent engineering entrance examinations. Apart from that, you can appear for state-level entrance examinations for engineering. In Gujarat to pursue an engineering course, one needs to sit through GUJCET (Gujarat Common Entrance Test) exam. And for M.E./M.Tech, candidates will appear for GATE (Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering) exam.
Why you should choose Marwadi University to study engineering?
- Only NAAC A+ accredited university in Gujarat.
- Awarded as The Best Engineering College of India – West 2016.
- 360-Degree Education Model,, which teaches students using practical learning methodology.
- PhD Faculties are there to teach and provide guidance to students.
- Placement opportunities in well-known organizations of India.
- Advanced Laboratories are available for every branch of engineering.
- Only university; that has a supercomputer.
You can read in detail upon why you should consider Marwadi University to pursue engineering, here.
If you are planning to pursue an engineering course, then make sure to choose Marwadi University. MU makes sure that it provides students with practical learning, expert guidance and superior learning facilities.
Get in touch today and opt for our engineering course.