The Joint Entrance Examination is a national level entrance exam held by the National Testing Agency (NTA), twice a year. This exam is a single gateway for admission to NITs & IITs. Nowadays, many other engineering colleges and technical institutes have also adopted JEE as their entrance exam.
NTA has released JEE Main 2020 admit card on August 17 on its official website, and the Ministry of Human Resource Development has announced JEE Main 2020 exam dates. As the Supreme court of India has dismissed a plea seeking the postponement of the JEE Main & NEET 2020 entrance exam, the online exam is scheduled to be held from September 1st-6th.
Here’s all you need to know about JEE Main.
JEE is an entrance exam for the bachelor of engineering courses to get admission in IITs, NITs, and Centrally Funded Technical Institutions (CFTIs). JEE Main has two papers, Paper-1 and Paper-2. Applicants can opt for either or both of them. These papers contain multiple-choice questions.
Paper 1 is for admission to B.E./B.Tech courses and is an online exam. It is of three hours duration and consists of 20+5 questions per subject i.e. physics, chemistry, and maths, in which 20 multiple choice questions + 5 numerical type questions are there. 4 marks are awarded for correct answers, and 1 mark is deducted for incorrect answers in a multiple-choice question. No marks are deducted from numerical type questions.
Paper-2 is for admission in B.Arch courses and is an offline exam of 3 hours. From January 2020, an additional Paper – 3 has been introduced for B.Planning courses separately.
NTA has also released the eligibility criteria of JEE Main 2020 on the official website. It is advisable for candidates to check the JEE Main 2020 eligibility criteria before applying for the entrance test. Because, if the eligibility criteria are not fulfilled, the candidate will be rejected at any stage of the admission process. Central Seat Allocation Board (CSAB) has amended its eligibility criteria for admission of the academic session 2020-21 due to the COVID-19 pandemic situation.
JEE Main Eligibility Criteria 2020:
- Candidate should have passed class 12th or equivalent qualifying the exam in 2018, 2019 or 2020.
- The JEE exam will be conducted twice a year, and the candidate may appear in both attempts.
- The total no. of attempts in JEE Main for one candidate is six, which means one can participate in the entrance exam for 3 consecutive years.
- For B.Tech/ B.E, an aspirant must have passed the qualifying examination with Physics, Mathematics, and anyone of (Chemistry, Biology, Biotechnology, Technical Vocational Subject) subjects.
- For B.Arch, an aspirant must have passed the qualifying examination with Mathematics, Physics, and Chemistry subjects.
- For B.Plan, an aspirant must have passed the qualifying examination with Mathematics subject.
- There is no age limit for appearing in the JEE Main examination.
An aspirant who has applied for JEE Main can download their JEE Main April admit card in online mode. To download the JEE Main 2020 admit card, an aspirant must use the JEE Main login, enter their application number, and date of birth. Candidates will have to carry the JEE Main admit card to the exam centre along with a valid photo ID. One can download the Admit Card from the link given on the NTA JEE Main website.
JEE Main 2020 Preparation Tips:
- Candidates should create a practical time-table and allocate enough time to all the subjects and revision, mock test, and reviewing of chapters which the candidates find difficult to remember.
- Candidates should check out online reference materials released by several coaching institutes to help with their preparations.
- Candidates should revise every important chapter and unit; it will allow them to remember the formulas and facts thoroughly.
- A candidate should take online mock tests to check their current preparation status.
Marwadi University is currently one of the best engineering colleges in Gujarat providing both diploma and degree courses. Our courses are well-evaluated and follow a 360-degree model of education. Such a model ensures that our students don’t just excel in academics but also develop their soft skills. MU was also awarded as a Best Engineering College of India– West 2016. Moreover, it is also the only university in Gujarat which is it is NAAC A+ certified
Admissions are open.
Enrol today to secure your seat.