Automobile Engineering is the branch of engineering, which deals with designing, manufacturing, mechanical mechanisms, and the operations of automobiles. It implements the elements of mechanical, electrical, software, and safety engineering. The role of an automotive engineer is to design, develop, fabricate, and test vehicles or their components from the very beginning of the concept stage to the end production stage. Production, development, and manufacturing are the three significant functions in this field.
Now that we know in general what is Automobile Engineering and what is the role of an Automobile Engineer, let’s look at all the details of this particular branch of engineering.
- An aspirant must have passed 12th in PCM/ PCMB stream is eligible to apply for B.Tech & B.E courses.
- The candidate must have passed 12th with at least 50%.
- A candidate must have taken part in engineering competitive exams.
Entrance Exams for Automobile Engineering:
Here are few entrance exams a candidate should consider appearing in for admissions to UG and PG level Automobile engineering courses:
- JEE Main
- JEE Advanced
- MHT CET
- Computer-based systems and electronics
- Electronics and control systems
- Emissions control
- Engine systems
- Fluid mechanics
- Fuel technology and emissions
- Rapid prototyping
- Vehicle and pedestrian safety or supply chain management
Automobile Engineering is the most preferred field of engineers because of the career opportunities it provides. This field requires lots of dedication & hard work, but it is also a very creative and fast-paced field. Due to the rapid growth of auto components in the automobile sector, job opportunities are also increasing.
An Automotive Engineer can work in national and multinational automobile companies, Defense services, Service stations, etc. An aspirant can also set up their own business or can teach. As now amid COVID-19, many multinational companies are establishing their factories in India, and this increases the job options for Automobile Engineers.
Job Roles Automobile Engineer
After attaining a relevant degree in automobile engineering, one can find several job opportunities. Listed below are some of the popular job profiles:
- Automobile Designers
- Automobile Engineering Technicians
- Bike/car Mechanics
- Driver Instrumentation Engineer
- Emissions Research
- Mechanical Design Engineer
- NVH (Noise, Vibration, and Harshness) Engineers
- Operations Research
- Performance Engineer
- Safety Engineering
- Senior Production Engineer
- Vehicle Dynamics Controller
Before you decide to become an Automobile Engineer, you must examine the skills required to become one & your skills. Here are some of the most important skills you should have to become a successful Automobile Engineer:
- The ability to examine and evaluate data.
- The intelligence to prioritize and plan adequately.
- Effective Communication is also important as the engineer must communicate with co-worker’s management with presentations and reports.
- Automotive engineers must be good at maths, as they use it to calculate the stresses power trains.
- They also need to have knowledge of physics & chemistry and how to apply that properly to design engines, electrical systems, and other car components.
- In 21st-century engineers rely on computer-assisted design, so Good computer skills are a must.
An automobile is a very versatile and lucrative branch of engineering, which presents an individual with lots of amazing job opportunities. For the best outcomes, you must select the best university. And, Marwadi University is one of the top engineering colleges in Gujarat for your Bachelor of Engineering. Marwadi University has a world-class lab with all the facilities and is awarded as Best Engineering College of India- West 2016.
Hurry up, secure your seat in this prestigious university.
For registration, click here.