If you are the one who is updated with current affairs, then you will be aware of the growing fad of Startups across the world. Many young individuals with bright ideas for business are opening them and fulfilling their dreams of becoming entrepreneurs.
With Governments across the world also encouraging this trend, starting a Startup has become a hassle-free process now. Thus, become an entrepreneur and give wings to your dream. Don’t work for someone. Instead, give a job to someone and become a better citizen of the society.
Explore more on this topic here.
Startup culture in India:
India is one of the leading markets for Startup in the world. In fact, according to an article in Forbes, the number of Startups is expected to quadruple from 3,100 in 2014 to 11,500 in the year 2020. Thus, the Startup culture in India is growing at a fast rate. And this rate will continue to soar in the upcoming years. Such growing trend has led to creation of more jobs and innovation.
Startup India – An initiative to boost Startup culture in India:
On 15th August 2015, Narendra Modi, the honourable Prime Minister of India launched an initiative to impart strength and innovation to the talented young generation of the country. The initiative is named as ‘Startup India’. It aims to create a platform where entrepreneurs establish themselves without any hassle.
The action plan of this initiative is to,
- Support funding and provides incentives
- Simplification of the process
- Industry-academic partnership and incubation
Major highlights of the initiative are:
- 10,000 crore funding pool
- Reduced patent registration fees
- Improved Bankruptcy Code for a 90-day exit window
- Freedom from inspections, Capital Gain, and tax for the first 3 years
- Encouragement of entrepreneurship within the country
- Promote India as a start-up hub
If you have any idea in your mind that can attract potential customers, then start a Startup. And even if you don’t have any idea, think different and come up with one. If you have developed a product or service that has potential, even then you can start a Startup. If you aspire to develop such a product or service, then Startup is a good idea.
Basically, think differently and start a Startup!
Entrepreneurship Development Cell at Marwadi University:
The Entrepreneurship Development Cell at our Marwadi University is a huge initiative towards equipping enthusiastic entrepreneurs with the support and tools to realise their dreams.
So far, this cell has been implementing various Startup/Innovation/Entrepreneurship policies on the campus of our University.
Some of these policies are:
- Student Startup and Innovation Policy, Education Department, Government of Gujarat
- Nodal Institutions for the Startups/ Innovation schemes – 2015
- New Generation Innovation and Entrepreneurship Development Cell – NewGen IEDC under the Aegis of National Science and Technology Entrepreneurship Development Board (NSTEDB), Department of Science and Technology (DST), Government of India
Facilities provided by the E-Cell:
Our E-cell provides numerous facilities to encourage enthusiastic entrepreneurial minds so that they can achieve their dreams. Some of them are:
- Space for Startup
- Idea lab
- Prototype lab
- Conference room with projection equipment
- Laboratory and workshop facility
- Participation in Workshops/Seminars/Bootcamp
- Medical facilities
- Cafeteria facilities
- Internet facilities
Support services provided by our E-cell:
The main purpose of our Entrepreneurship Development Cell is to support young entrepreneurs to expand their business. To fulfil this, we provide the following support services:
- Creation of Entity
- Fulfilling Udyog, Adhaar, Patent, etc.
- Pre-incubation support
- Guidance of Subsidy/Assistance
- Acquiring Machine and Equipment
- Getting land, shed, and other utilities
- Technology flow and adoption
- Support for legal and financial advice
- Management consultancy
- Obtaining registrations
- Marketing linkages
- Common facilities
So, fly high and never come down. Begin your Startup and set a foot towards bright future. Download the application form here.