What is ragging?
- Any breach of the peace whether by words spoken or written or by an act which has the effect of teasing or handling a fresher, junior student or any individual of the Marwadi University with rudeness.
- Indulging in undisciplined activities which causes or is probably going to cause annoyance, hardship or psychological harm or to boost fear or apprehension thereof to a fresher or any student.
- Asking the students to try to any act or perform something which has the effect of causing or generating a way of shame or embarrassment
- An act adversely affecting the physique or psyche of any individual who is part of the University.
What is the ‘zero-tolerance’ policy of Marwadi University’?
No act of ragging, major or minor, shall go unnoticed by the authorities of Marwadi University. No ragger, male or female, student or non-student, shall go unpunished. No management that fails to require action against ragging shall be allowed to work.
A brief about anti-ragging cell at MU
- As per the hon. Supreme court & UGC/AICTE Regulations on curbing the menace of Ragging in teaching institutions, 2009, it’s hereby to bring round the notice to all or any concerned that ragging could be a criminal offense.
- Furthermore, the UGC/AICTE has also framed regulations against the cases of ragging so as to ban, prevent and eliminate the scourge of ragging.
- It’s quite essential for the scholars to abstain from ragging as per the choice taken within the Supreme Court Committee led by the Director of CBI. Students who fancy ragging activities shall be subjected to the severe penalty/ies.
- We strictly follow the anti-raggingng regulations
- We have an anti-ragging committee to stay vigilant and make sure that our campus is ragging free.
- Anti-Ragging Committee is that the Supervisory and Advisory Committee on matters of designing action for building and preserving a culture of the ragging-free environment within the University Campus.
- Anti-Ragging Committee ensures safety through regular actions like checking Hostels, Buses, Canteens, Classrooms and other places of student congregation, for any incident of Ragging.
- We have special Mentorship programs where each student has a private mentor, helping the coed settle within the campus.
- A mentor is responsible for instilling life values that help students to be away from any negative influences. We have a passionate woman’s cell for feminine students. We also arrange regular women empowerment activities that will help in creating a secure and secure environment.
- Anti-Ragging Committee is involved in designing strategies and action plan for curbing the Menace of Ragging within the University by adopting activities like awareness campaigns for college students through talks highlighting the negative consequences of ragging.
- The Anti-ragging squad is continually vigilant and active on the campus, ensuring a ragging-free campus.
The web portal has already been launched for filling up the affidavit online on website or asking for the details at email@example.com.
Anti-ragging Toll-Free helpline no. 1800-180-5522 to enable the students in distress to report the related incidents.