One of the oldest and vital branches of engineering, electrical engineering, concentrate on creating and implementing systems and devices that utilise electricity. Electrical engineers are responsible for multiple systems, devices and electrical components.
Those who wish to study electrical engineering can opt for a bachelor’s in electrical engineering or a diploma in electrical engineering. Here in this post, we will share information on a diploma in electrical engineering and its career options.
Diploma in Electrical Engineering – Course Overview
A diploma in electrical engineering is a 3-year course that students can opt for after completing their class 10th. This course is more skill-focused and less theoretical. Students will acquire knowledge of installation, upkeep, troubleshooting, management systems, magnetism, telecommunications and signal process while studying this course.
Overall, the course is designed to enhance the practical learning of students and make them ready to work in the corporate world. Some topics you study under this course are signal conditioners, electrical device theory, electronic devices & circuits and more.
Eligibility Criteria for a Diploma in Electrical Engineering
- A candidate must have completed the 10th grade from a government-approved board.
- To apply for admission to prestigious colleges, a candidate must have at least 50% marks in each subject. The minimum marks criteria may vary amongst colleges.
- There should not be any backlog in the class 10th.
- The applicant needs to clear the entrance test if a college requires an entrance examination.
- There are no age requirements or barriers to admission mentioned.
Admission Criteria for a Diploma in Electrical Engineering
- Some institutions will require you to give an entrance examination at the university level.
- Some private colleges admit students based on their performance in the 10th-grade board exam.
- Some colleges also hold interviews or oral examinations and select candidates based on their performance.
What are the Career Opportunities after Pursuing a Diploma in Electrical Engineering?
As a diploma-holder in electrical engineering, you will be able to find great career opportunities in the field since electricity is an essential part of everyone’s lives. Make sure you stay true to your aspirations and continue to work hard to land your dream job.
Some of the job profiles that you can explore as a diploma graduate:
- Electrical Engineer
- Workshop Manager
- Operations Manager
- Project Manager
- Chief Engineer
- Engineering Technologist
- Electrical Product Design Engineer
Check out the employment areas you can take up a job in:
- IT industry
- Petroleum, Chemical or Steel Industry
- Electrical Equipment and System Manufacturing Company
- Health Care Equipment Manufacturing Industry
- Plant Engineering Department
- Power Generation and Transmission
Some of the top recruiters in electrical engineering are:
- Power Grid Corporation of India Ltd
- Jindal Steel & Power Limited
- Tata Steel & Power Limited
- Tata Motors
- Hindustan Motor
Pursue your diploma in electrical engineering after 10th from Marwadi University. You get the best learning opportunities, advanced research facilities, modern labs and more while studying here. MU holds an excellent placement record in top companies.
1) Which Diploma in engineering is best after the 10th?
Some of the best diplomas in engineering courses after 10th study are mechanical, electrical, civil, computer etc.
2) What is the scope of a Diploma in Electrical Engineering?
There is a great scope in a diploma in electrical engineering. After completing the course, you can take up jobs in industries like academics, petroleum, healthcare equipment manufacturing, railways and more.
3) Is Electrical Engineering a good career?
Yes, electrical engineering is a great field for building a career. Because electricity is an indispensable part of our daily lives, the industry is flowing up with opportunities for new electrical engineering graduates.
4) Which course is best after the electrical diploma?
Bachelors in Electrical Engineering is a good course to move ahead with if you have completed your electrical diploma after the 10th class. A diploma-holder in electrical engineering can get a lateral entry to the second year of Bachelor in Electrical Engineering.