Students who have completed a BSc in Chemistry or Bio-Technology or any other Life Science subjects and further have a will to upgrade their expertise in disease diagnosis & utilization of medical laboratory equipment for clinical tests can opt for – Postgraduate Diploma in Medical Laboratory Technology (PG DMLT).
PG DMLT – Course Overview
PG DMLT programme is closely related to the clinical and healthcare sectors. The course primarily trains students in health diagnosis, analysis and medical lab management and develop their proficiency to become medical experts and technicians. PG DMLT is an ideal course for aspirants who wish to build their career in medical lab technology on a higher pedestal.
In the PG DMLT course, students will acquire training in several scientific traits like identifying the disease and analyzing it and medical laboratory management. Students advance their knowledge by doing internships and visiting clinical labs for practical during the course period. Such practical exposure will help them when they start operating in the existing health and clinical world.
Some of the significant subjects’ students’ studies during the course are:
- Basic and Clinical Pathology
- Basic Haematology
- Clinical Biochemistry
- Human Anatomy and Physiology
- Medical Microbiology
- Standard Practices in Biomedical Laboratory
PG DMLT – Eligibility & Admission Criteria
- Aspirants must have completed BSc in Chemistry or any other life science subjects.
- The minimum percentage required for admission in the PG DMLT course varies from college to college.
- Students don’t have to appear for any entrance examination. The admission is on a merit basis.
Reasons to Study PG DMLT Course:
- On completion of the PG DMLT course, students have the ability to execute clinical laboratory procedures in Chemistry, Microbiology, Immunohematology etc., under the guidance of a Clinical Lab Scientist.
- Students will enrich their knowledge of medical lab technologies and deliver medical tasks like disease diagnosis, blood tests, operating lab machines etc.
- Graduates can also start working as certified Laboratory Technicians.
- Students will have their careers secured because they will have ample career possibilities in the government and private medical divisions.
- Students will continuously identify and involve in projects that will contribute to their existing knowledge and refine their skills in laboratory medicine.
PG DMLT – Future Scope & Career Opportunities
Aspirants who have completed the PG DMLT course don’t have to worry about job scarcity or career growth in the field. The future in the domain is bright, as the number of private hospitals, nursing care, pathologies, blood banks etc., opening up is skyrocketing.
As a PG DMLT graduate, you have plenty of job roles to explore and flourish in. Besides that, you can also start your own business or set up a laboratory or study further. If you wish to study in-depth in the domain, going for a PhD is always a great option.
Here are some employment areas graduates can find themselves working in:
- Private Hospitals
- Medical and Health Centres
- Bio-Technology Health Laboratories
- Medical Colleges
- Medical Laboratories
Check out the job roles for PG DMLT graduates:
- Medical Laboratory Technician
- Research Assistant
- Lab Assistant
- Medical Officer
- Technical Assistant
- Sales and Marketing Executive
- Resident Medical Officer
PG Diploma in Medical Laboratory Technology is a highly flourishing course that presents aspirants with excellent career opportunities. However, for the best results, you need to learn from the best. And, NAAC A+ certified Marwadi University is undoubtedly the best and most suitable for your brighter future. PG DMLT course at MU follows a hands-on learning approach and trains students in medical labs and internships, thus ensuring excellent practical cognizance.
So, hurry up, secure your seat in this best university.
Get yourself registered fast. Click here to apply!